Emcon Systems Technical Machinery Consulting
Emcon Systems offers a range of professional technical consulting services (motor vibration analysis, root cause failure analysis, vibration damping, vibration testing, predictive maintenance, gearbox vibration isolation, vibration failure analysis, vibration monitoring, and vibration control) for application to machinery of many types and sizes, such as generators, turbines, fans, blowers, compressors, bearings, diesel engines, marine equipment, aircraft and rotors.
Our services, provided worldwide, assist manufacturers and users to attain the highest reliability and longest service life from their machinery. In many cases, substantial operation and maintenance cost reductions are also achieved.
Home | Resumé | Technical Experience | Publications | Client List | Consulting Seminar | Expert Witness Services | Machinery Troubleshooting | Analytical Services | Training Services | Specialized Services
We provide support for your investigation and litigation efforts.
Litigation and Pre-Litigation Experience:
- Heavy Machinery Manufacturer
Provided expert witness support in mediations involving failures of large and costly refinery machinery. Cases settled prior to litigation.
- Large PetroChemical Firm
Provided expert witness support to evaluate and assist in correcting failures of HVAC machinery in firm’s headquarters office building. Litigation was avoided and the firm saved over $800,000 building modification costs.
- Law Firm of McDermott, Will & Emery, Washington, D.C.
Provided expert witness support following factory explosion with fatalities and multiple injuries. Prepared and presented briefings to attorneys, prepared for and participated in multiple depositions. Case settled prior to litigation.
- Consolidated Engineering Services, Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, Washington Dulles International Airport, Virginia
Provided expert witness support in case involving catastrophic vibration levels in large ventilating drive motors and fans. Fan problems were identified and corrected and case was settled prior to litigation.
- Large Natural Gas Distribution Firm
Provided expert witness support involving cold weather troubleshooting of excessive vibration in large (20-inch) natural gas valve and piping. Valve problem was identified and corrected prior to feared catastrophic failure with probable extensive regional consequences, thus avoiding litigation.
- Law Firm of Roetzel & Andress, Washington, D.C.
Provided expert witness support to currently active case involving patent infringement. Preparation of infringement report. Case is continuing via Law Firm of Finnegan Henderson, Washington, DC.
- Law Firm of Finnegan Henderson, Washington, DC.
Continued patent infringement case begun for law firm of Roetzel & Andress (above). Completion of patent invalidation rebuttal report and deposition. Case remains active.
- Law Firm of Arnold Itkin, Houston, TX
Providing expert witness support to currently active case involving personal injury.
We help get your expensive machinery and plant up and running quickly.
- Field vibration measurement support
- Rotating machinery
- Reciprocating machinery
We help you make sure you are solving the real problem.
- Vibration analysis, vibration testing, vibration isolation - lateral, torsional, axial
- Assessments of computer codes for vibration analysis
- Vibration monitoring system planning and setup assistance
We train you and your staff for more efficient and effective performance.
- Please view Training Services for details of courses offered and in preparation.
We provide in-depth assistance in specialized areas. Call to inquire.
- Marine equipment and systems
- Aircraft safety assessments
- Electric motors and generators
- HVAC fans and blowers
- Process control valves